LBA 60TH ANNUAL CONVENTION
RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW!
Dear LBA Annual Convention Supporter,
You are cordially invited to attend the 60th Annual Louisiana Beekeepers Association Convention on August 26 – 27, 2022, in Alexandria, Louisiana. This year’s convention will begin on Friday morning at 9 a.m. and conclude Saturday at 3 p.m. You are invited to set up any time after 3 p.m. on Thursday, August 25.
We are offering three new levels of sponsorship which include advertising in the program, vendor tables, and complimentary banquet tickets. Sponsorship levels are as follows:
- BRONZE - $250 – includes 1 table and ¼ page program advertisement
- SILVER - $500 – includes 1 table, 1 banquet ticket ($25/value), and ¼ page program advertisement
- GOLD - $1,000 – includes 2 tables, 2 banquet tickets, and ½ page program advertisement
- PLATINUM - anything over $1,000 – includes 2 tables, 2 banquet tickets, and full-page program advertisement (an LBA Board Member will contact you for more details on your generous sponsorship and provide instructions on payment.)
The cost for vendors attending the LBA Annual Convention is as follows:
- $50 for 1 table (includes 2 chairs)
- $75 for 2 tables (includes 4 chairs)
Advertisements may also be purchased at the following rates:
- $15 (2 1/8” x 1 3/4”) Business card size
- $25 (2 1/8” x 3 5/8”) Quarter-page size
- $50 (3 5/8” x 4 1/2”) Half-page size
- $100 (4 1/2” x 7 1/2”) Full-page size
You may upload your business or organization logo in the online registration.
Please fill out the online registration form before August 4.
Our Convention banquet will be held Friday night at 6:30 p.m. and will include a live auction. The live auction proceeds go toward our LBA scholarship fund. To help us raise money for honey bee education, we are asking each vendor to please donate one item to be auctioned off during the banquet or if you choose, we also conduct a Silent Auction which concludes on Saturday afternoon. Donations to either or both of these auctions is deeply appreciated.
If you have any questions regarding becoming a vendor or how to register online, please do not hesitate to call either Nola Ducote 337-794-9988 or Stacy Blomquist 318-446-5054.
The Louisiana Beekeepers Association will have their convention at the Holiday Inn Alexandria - Downtown.
- Dr. Juliana Rangel from Texas A&M University and Bob Binnie with Blue Ridge Honey in Georgia will be our guest speakers for the Convention along with other exciting presenters.
- Vendors with the latest technology and equipment will be present.
- Black jar honey contest - bring a small jar of your honey and see how it compares in taste with others around the state!
HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Holiday Inn Alexandria - Downtown, an IHG Hotel
Book your hotel room using the LBA hotel rate code: BEE. Use this code when calling the reservation hotline 833-391-1476.
$109.00 Single Room
$119.00 Single Room with Buffet Breakfast (6:30-9:00am)
A stay at Holiday Inn Alexandria - Downtown, an IHG Hotel places you in the heart of Alexandria, within a 10-minute walk of Rapides Women's and Children's Hospital and Rapides Regional Medical Center. This spa hotel is 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from Alexandria Zoological Park and 3.1 mi (4.9 km) from Alexandria Mall.
Rooms: Make yourself at home in one of the 168 air-conditioned rooms featuring microwaves and iPod docking stations. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have shower/tub combinations and hair dryers. Conveniences include desks and complimentary weekday newspapers, as well as phones with free local calls.
Amenities: Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a 24-hour fitness center and a seasonal outdoor pool. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a fireplace in the lobby.
Dining: Enjoy American cuisine at The Levee, a restaurant which features a bar/lounge, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Full breakfasts are available daily from 6 AM to 10 AM for a fee.
Business Amenities: Featured amenities include a business center, express check-out, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Alexandria? This hotel has facilities measuring 11800 square feet (1096 square meters), including conference space. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary (available on request).
Attractions: Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Rapides Women's and Children's Hospital - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Rapides Regional Medical Center - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Red River - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Alexandria Zoological Park - 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
Pineville Recreation Complex - 4.4 km / 2.8 mi
CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital - 4.4 km / 2.8 mi
Dubuis Hospital of Alexandria - 4.4 km / 2.8 mi
Cabrini Hospital Alexandria - 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
Alexandria Mall - 4.9 km / 3.1 mi
Rapides Parish Coliseum - 6.5 km / 4 mi
Riverside Hospital - 6.8 km / 4.2 mi
Johnny Downs Sports Complex - 9.3 km / 5.8 mi
Oak Wing Golf Club - 12.5 km / 7.8 mi
Kisatchie National Forest - 17.2 km / 10.7 mi
Jena Choctaw Pines Casino - 20.4 km / 12.7 m